Windows Setup Guide for VPN Client
1. Open Network and Sharing Center
2. Select Set up a new connection or network
3. Select Connect to a workplace - Next
4. Select No, Create a new connection - Next
5. Click Use my Internet Connection (VPN)
6. Specify the following:
Internet Address: <provided to you by MET Connect Support>
Destination Name: <Your choice of name for your network>
Leave other options unticked
7. Enter your username @ VHUB NAME
Password: (setup from within MET Connect Portal)
8. You will receive an error as shown:
This isn’t a problem, we just need to setup some further security parameters.
Just click Set up the connection anyway
9. Navigate again to the Network and Sharing Centre and select Change Adapter Settings:
10. Right click on the name of the new network adapter you created and select Properties:
11. Select the Security tab and change the Type of VPN to Layer 2 Tunnelling Protocol with IPSec (L2TP/IPSec)
12. Select Advanced settings
Click use preshared key for authentication and enter the Pre-Shared Key which was provided to you in setup ticket instructions.
13. Click OK and OK again
14. The MET Connect service is now configured.
To connect, click on the Network icon in your system tray:
then click on your network name and click Connect
The DHCP server will issue your computer with an IP address on the local network subnet. You now have access to the remote network.